FG Newsletter #293
// GrowthList. In-depth research reports trusted by Twitter and Google featuring fast-growing tech companies. How many can you convert into customers?
– Apple to Start Publishing AI Research to Hasten Deep Learning. Apple will allow its artificial intelligence teams to publish research papers for the first time, marking a significant change in strategy that could help accelerate the iPhone maker’s advances in deep learning.
– Google Pledges To Use 100% Renewable Energy In 2017. Google’s data centres and the offices for its 60,000 staff will be powered entirely by renewable energy from next year. Props!
– How Happy Socks Grew to Millions of Socks Sold in 90 Countries. Geckoboard’s second podcast episode with Mikael Söderlindh, co-founder and CEO of Happy Socks. Founded in 2008, Happy Socks have sold millions of pairs of socks over the past eight years and now have 12,000 retail accounts selling socks in 90 countries.
– What Everyone Should Know About The Process Behind App Design. An article by Michael Flarup explaining how the process of designing an app has stayed pretty much the same, and how we go through the many phases that constitute the creation of an app.
– N26 expands its bank of the future to 17 European countries. Berlin-based startup N26 got its own banking license a few months ago. As N26 is building a mobile-first bank without any physical branch, the startup can expand to new countries much more easily. And starting today, if you live in Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Slovenia, you can also open an N26 account.
– Worrying is self-fulfilling; what to do instead. A great short read from Jason Cohen: ““Worry” breaks things which aren’t broken. It doesn’t lead constructively to solutions, it just creates problems.”
– Lessons Learned Getting Acquired. “On January 30th, 2015 the company that I co-founded, Aurelius, got acquired by DataStax. It was the first time that I negotiated and executed an acquisition of substantial size (>$1M) and this post summarizes the lessons I learned in the process.”
Interesting: An Inside Look at Japan’s Secret Illegal Drift Scene.
Published: 07 December, 2016