FG Newsletter #276
– David “DHH” Heinemeier Hansson: The Power of Being Outspoken. A 4 hour Tim Ferris podcast episode with David Heinemeier Hansson discussing the power of being outspoken, running a profitable business without venture capital, rules for creating excellence and so much more.
– Apple just told the world it has no idea who the Mac is for. An insightful post from Owen Williams on how Apple’s latest Macbook Pros show the company is turning its back on its core customers: “Apple’s customers are those that need powerful machines, but it delayed them infinitely for what amounts to a vanity project that the core demographic of Apple’s customers probably won’t even use.”
– Why Wix’s response to WordPress re GPL license is weak. Over the weekend, WordPress co-creator Matt Mullenweg called out Wix for using some of WordPress’ Open Source, GPL-licensed code in an improper fashion in their new mobile app; and also for ripping off the WordPress brand by calling Wix “WixPress.” Wix’s CEO Avishai Abrahami responded, and here’s why it’s problematic.
– Trust Disrupted Bitcoin and the Blockchain. A great introduction to the global network of mines and miners who not only process every Bitcoin transaction, but also play an outsized role in governing the Bitcoin ecosystem. Related: Why Bitcoin is closing in on its 2016 peak.
– Barcelona Supercomputing Center. One of Europe’s largest supercomputers is housed inside of a disused chapel.
– Things I will tell my kids if they become entrepreneurs. A great slide deck worth checking out.
– Tesla’s stunning new solar roof tiles for homes. Amazing vision of the future.
– 29 Tools and Resources for Customer Support Professionals. An impressive list of customer support tools, resources, groups, job sites and more.
– For Fun: Space Station Fisheye Fly-Through 4K.
We currently have two sponsorships open for the newsletter. If you’re interested in reaching thousands of techs savvy entrepreneurs, respond to this email for more info.