February 8, 2016
1. First of all, can you tell us a little about your role and what you do at Boonle?
I’m the Founder and CEO of Boonle and oversee all day-to-day operations.
2. Can you tell us a little about your go to market strategy, current growth/marketing channels are working for you right now?
We’ve been using multiple channels to gain initial traction, including Craigslist, Reddit, and Twitter.
We are now focusing on partnering with universities across the country to introduce Boonle to students while at the same time, bringing in nonprofits and small businesses that need help with projects.
3. What is the biggest mistake you have made with Boonle so far that other founders can learn from?
I’m sure I’ve made plenty of mistakes, but I’d say the biggest is not focusing on getting out an MVP before fully launching.
Although we were able to gather valuable feedback post-launch and make necessary changes, it would have been less time and money to do so with an MVP.
4. Let’s talk you… what apps, blogs, and tools can’t you live without?
Aside from using Boonle myself to get projects completed, I love using Intercom for connecting with users.
5. What’s your best time-saving shortcut or life hack?
Using IFTTT. I used this app quite often as we were gaining traction early on to send me new “leads” from sites that I used to manually review.
6. What resource have you watched/read/listened to that’s had the biggest impact on your business/life recently, and why?
Zana.io has great resources for startups and entrepreneurs. I highly suggest watching some of the videos contained on that site.